My Journey...

I chose to title my blog "My journey into loveliness" because I am currently on the journey of a lifetime. I am completely in love with a man named Jesus. He has revolutionized my life, and changed me from the inside out.

Jesus saw me when I was so incredibly, messed up. He said "Live". So I began to change. I began to try to be good enough. It was about that time that Jesus sought me out once again, He took me in and began to make me into His own. (Ezekiel 16:1-14)

Ever since then I have been on this journey of refinement. For quite sometime I have felt that I should start a blog so here goes nothing.

My journey is messy, and at times overwhelming, but I'm in it for the long haul. At the end is loveliness. That is what I long for.

So, join me if you dare on my journey into loveliness...

Monday, December 12, 2011

The Reality of His Love

Tonight was girls night at my house. My cousin, little sister and I watched "Drive Me Crazy" which is  a 90's chick flick. For those who haven't seen it let me give you a quick summary. 


It's a classic 90's story of two high school teenagers who both get dumped by their boyfriend/girlfriend. In an effort to get their ex's back, the main characters decide to make them jealous by dating one another. In true chick flick style they end up falling in love with one another. During the last 10 minutes of the movie they confess their love in a ridiculously corny, albeit sweet way. 


Of course all of us watching oh and awe at the sweetness of the moment. I walked away in the daze that sets in after  a movie like that, day dreaming about when I'll get  to have corny, sweet things said to me.


A few minutes after the movie ended I struck with an unforeseen conversation with the Lord.  I began to be questioned on why I wanted what was in the movie. What was the motivation behind it? It is loneliness? Or do I desire that because I want the Lord to be glorified thorough it? When I answered more questions came.

Slowly I realized that He was reminding  me that I am currently in the midst of the greatest love story of all time.  I am so easy to forget that being in love with my Jesus is so much better than any thing that Hollywood writers could ever come up with. Who am I kidding? I watch stupid movies that me leave pinning after something so temporary and empty, when I could pick up my bible and be wooed by the King of Kings.  I mean really, who would want to watch a movie when the Lord of creation says this to your heart:


"And now, here's what I'm going to do: I'm going to start all over again. I'm taking her back out into the wilderness where we had our first date, and I'll court her. I'll give her bouquets of roses. I'll turn Heartbreak Valley into Acres of Hope. She'll respond like she did as a young girl, those days when she was fresh out of Egypt. "At that time"—this is God's Message still— "you'll address me, 'Dear husband!' Never again will you address me, 'My slave-master!'
I'll wash your mouth out with soap, get rid of all the dirty false-god names, not so much as a whisper of those names again. At the same time I'll make a peace treaty between you and wild animals and birds and reptiles, nd get rid of all weapons of war. Think of it! Safe from beasts and bullies! And then I'll marry you for good—forever! I'll marry you true and proper, in love and tenderness. Yes, I'll marry you and neither leave you nor let you go. You'll know me, God, for who I really am." Hosea 2:14-20

I love that passage of scripture because it always speaks right to my heart no matter where I'm at, or who I've been. I can read this and know that somehow beyond any reason I have, Jesus loves me. It leaves me speechless and in awe. His love is more than I can fathom and far beyond my imagination.

I honestly don't know why He loves me like He does. I surely do not deserve it. In life there is not much I feel I can have full confidence in, but I can trust that His love is true. His love is real. His love is everlasting. I can rest in the peace of His love.

I hope that my journey this evening inspires you to go deeper into your relationship with the Lord.





No comments:

Post a Comment