My Journey...

I chose to title my blog "My journey into loveliness" because I am currently on the journey of a lifetime. I am completely in love with a man named Jesus. He has revolutionized my life, and changed me from the inside out.

Jesus saw me when I was so incredibly, messed up. He said "Live". So I began to change. I began to try to be good enough. It was about that time that Jesus sought me out once again, He took me in and began to make me into His own. (Ezekiel 16:1-14)

Ever since then I have been on this journey of refinement. For quite sometime I have felt that I should start a blog so here goes nothing.

My journey is messy, and at times overwhelming, but I'm in it for the long haul. At the end is loveliness. That is what I long for.

So, join me if you dare on my journey into loveliness...

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Lesson in Trust


He's standing before me again asking for more. I don't know of anything I have left that He would want. I've willingly given all of my hurts, my brokenness, and my junk to Him. Yet He stands before me and asks for more. I cant help but wonder what else He thinks I have to give. 

Before I even realize whats happening He reaches into my heart and gently pulls out the deeply rooted, most precious parts of who I am. In His hand lies every hope, every dream, and every promise ever made. I suddenly feel very bare.  resistance begins to rise within me, why would He take those things? Those are MY hopes, MY dreams! He gave those promises, He's not allowed to take them back. They belong to me, He can't have them. Looking at His hands I realize that I don't know who I am without these things. I find my identity in those dreams. I don't even know who I am without them.

My eyes meet His as I try to remain composed. Compassion, tenderness, and love is all that can been seen in His gaze. Very slowly I hear,

"Do you trust me?"

Instantly a seed of hurt springs up. Of course I trust Him. I've given Him everything else. Why can't I just keep this part of me? I don't want to surrender these things. My spirit begins to remind me of the times where He took my ashes and made something of beauty. What would He make out of something already lovely? Something within me begins to wonder if He wants more for me than I dare imagine. 

Again I hear Him ask ,

"Do you trust me?"

Yes. I do. I trust Him. Completely. I trust Him with the deepest parts of me. 

With a smile He turns to leave. I begin to wonder where He's going, when He turns around and gestures for me to follow. I'm not sure where He's going or what He's up to this time. all that I know for sure is that it's going be quite an adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment